PhD position at Liege University, Belgium
Characterizing groundwater flow direction through Active Fiber-Optic Distributed Temperature Sensing (active-DTS)
To apply the candidate must provide:
- A motivation letter describing their research interests, skills, and motivations for this position.
- A detailed CV including a list of previous research work and publications, if applicable.
- Names and contacts of two references (one of whom should be the main supervisor of the candidate's thesis or equivalent).
- Diplomas (or translations) confirming the successful completion of a bachelor's and master's degree (or equivalent). If the master's degree is not yet completed, please provide a statement confirming the submission of a master's thesis.
- Any relevant documents that can support the application.
Desired start date: as soon as possible
Applications must be submitted in French or English (all supporting documents should be translated into one of these languages).
Interested candidates are invited to contact Nataline Simon (email@example.com) to discuss the doctoral offer.
- Master's degree in Geosciences or Environmental Sciences (or equivalent); Engineer’s degree; Master’s degree in Science.
- Autonomous and organized, the candidate should be versatile. The candidate will work on aspects of numerical modeling and data interpretation anb should be comfortable with laboratory work and field measurements.
- Applicants must be proficient in both written and oral English
- Proficiency in Matlab or Python.